Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!!
SCROLL DOWN for important Save the Dates, housekeeping items,
how to support our school and other important reminders.
1. Create an Account! -- If you are new to our site click the image below to create your account:
(Also please remember after you create your account, verify your email, then log back in to update and/or complete your family information profile. You MUST do this step in order to see school forms and pay online.)
2. Log in and update your Information! -- Every school year you will need to log in and update your students teacher and grade along with any family profile information that may have changed. You should be prompted to do so after logging in. If not, click the image below.
3. Join the PTA! -- Your PTA membership is yearly so we encourage you to join the PTA every school year, as our school needs your support. There are no requirements of your membership. Click below for more details and to join.
4. Cub Club Donation! -- Every school year we need your support to help our students and teachers succeed. Your donations go directly to help the PTA to purchase many things for our students and teachers at CTES. Click below for more details and to donate.
5. Follow us on Facebook! -- Like our Colonial Trail Facebook page to get the latest and greatest happenings going on at school and the PTA.
6. Volunteer Please!! -- When adults volunteer, all students benefit! There are many opportunities for parents and community members to get involved! Your help is needed! Please remember EVERY year you need to fill out the volunteer form to enter the school to volunteer. Please click below for more information.
Welcome to a new school year and a new Colonial Trail Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (CTES PTA) Board. I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing summer!! My name is Heather Kirschner and I will be serving my first term as PTA President for the 2019-2020 school year. On behalf of our CTES PTA Board, we look forward to supporting our amazing students and families, our invaluable teachers and administrators and our incredible growing community.
I encourage all of our families if you have not already to create an account on our website. Last summer, we gave our website a facelift and we hope it has been seamless for our families to navigate for information. Our goal this year is to save the amount of paper that comes home and direct you to our website for all the pertinent and valuable information you’ll need for this school year.
For the families that already have an account, please remember to log in and update your family profile information with your students new teacher and grade level and any information that may have changed.
CTES is an extraordinary school where our students are surrounded by the most passionate and caring teachers and staff that enable them to thrive! The PTA acts as a bridge between home and school by enhancing our student’s learning environment directly through family support and involvement. I encourage families to play an active role in their students academic career and volunteer some time by chairing an event or program, helping in the copy room, helping in the library, becoming a room parent or donating to your student’s classroom. There are endless opportunities for you to get involved.
In order for the PTA to continue to support and provide many of the items our students and staff utilize on a daily basis, we need your help! We are asking that every family join the PTA (which does not obligate you to anything), as well as contribute to our Cub Club. Our Cub Club is a direct donation that allows families to make an upfront donation where 100% of the proceeds go DIRECTLY to support OUR students and school. The Cub Club is our only and hopefully largest fundraising event for the school. And it’s simply a direct donation. That’s it! This donation is also completely tax deductible. Please log in and go to My Account/My Forms to join the PTA and make a donation to our Cub Club and help support our students and school.
Here is a glimpse of what our active PTA, it’s volunteers, and your Cub Club donations enable our school to have that are NOT purchased or covered by tax dollars or county funding.
Promethean Boards, Brain Pop Computer Software, Study Island Math and Reading, RAZ Kids Computer Software, Spirit Nights, Student Communication Folders, Student Yearbooks, Student Reflections Program, Spirit Wear, Cub Celebration, Book Fairs, Music Programs, Teacher Classroom Enhancement Funds, Assemblies, Guest Speakers, Scholastic Magazine, PE and Playground Equipment, Fall and Spring Celebration Programs, After School Enrichment Classes, Classroom Parties, 5th Grade Celebration, Extra Classroom and Resource Supplies, Book Room for Classroom Reading Sets, Student Agendas, and more!
Our school relies heavily on the efforts of the PTA which cannot be successful without dedicated members and parent volunteers. If you would like to get involved in your child's school community this year, please reach out to me (email@example.com) or Kristine Quann VP of Volunteers (firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome all parents to take part! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas. I look forward to having an exciting and successful school year and encourage everyone to join our efforts in helping us reach our goals and Go For The Gold!!
CTES PTA President
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Monday, December 9
- Tuesday, December 10
- Thursday, December 12
- Wednesday, December 18
- Monday, December 23
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25
- Thursday, December 26
- Friday, December 27
- Saturday, December 28